- This event has passed.
Microsoft Data Group Machine Learning Lightning Talks @ Strata
March 31, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
SF Bay ACM and Microsoft IMML invite you to an evening of lightning talks on Machine Learning.
The event is free and open to all; you do not require a conference pass to attend.
All RSVPs received by Saturday, March 26 will be entered in a drawing for two Strata conference Bronze Passes (value $1745 each!) good for all Wed/Thu Keynotes, Sessions, Expo Hall, Networking Events. Thanks to our sponsors O’Reilly Media and Microsoft.
5:30pm Doors Open, Food & Networking
6:00-7:30pm Lightning Talk Presentations
7:30pm Q&A, Discussion
• Charis Loveland: “Gamification of Machine Learning in Neuroscience” + demo
• Bob Horton: “Viewing training set size as a learning parameter with learning curves, on airline dataset”
• Amita Gajewar: “Forecasting Revenue for enterprise products”
• Michael Du: “Deep learning on protein-protein interaction predictions”
• Jocelyn Barker: “Machine Learning in Medical Images: a multi-resolution approach”
• Srini Kumar: “Why you should Visualize before you Analyze” + demo
Speaker Affiliation: The speakers are data scientists at Microsoft Data Group Silicon Valley, deploying solutions on Azure Cloud.
Transport: VTA stops directly outside. Carpooling encouraged. Parking: onstreet metered till 6pm then free, or else $7 allday lot opposite. (SJCC parking garage is $1/every 20 mins).
Event page provided by ACM