- This event has passed.
Data Mining Camp planning
April 14, 2014 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Meeting location: The address for the building for Rosie McCann’s says it is on Santana Row, but the only entrance to the restaurant is on Plazza De Valencia. See this Google Map link. Free WiFi is available, bring your smart phone, pad or device as desired. I will share some Google doc notes.
Meeting Agenda: Planning Fall Data Science Camp
• Camp topics: data science, data mining, machine learning, big data, deep learning, spark, related applications, related verticals, algorithms, related math, startups, how to hire a good Data Scientist?
• What event structure, how to improve it?
• Greg can share past schedules and session matrices
• morning class for ~$40, 9-11am
• seed speakers for 6+ sessions, have 1 or more panel of experts
• topic ideas: deep learning,
• spark or storm
• what to VC’s or C*O’s want in a lead DS architect?
• Marketing & cross marketing with other groups
• online registration, pricing
• any Code-camp style session proposals and voting in advance? What infrastructure is available?
• any lessons learned from O’Rielly’s Strata, PAW, Cloud Camp, ..
• What content do we want to keep? Note takers add to “blog” live?
Any energy for a Data Mining Hackathon (regular and big data version?). Only if other efforts are covered first.
BACKGROUND (past camp content)
2009 Session Matrix
2013 Session Matrix