- This event has passed.
Making Sense of Blockchain Data Structures and Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin
June 20, 2017 @ 6:30 pm
Bhairav Mehta, Senior Data Scientist at Apple
6:30 – 7:00 audience arrives, registers, network, pizza
7:00 – 7:10 ACM announcements, pass mic to audience for DS hiring or announce other events, introduce speaker
7:10 – 7:20 Annual SFbayACM Board Elections by SFbayACM members (please turn out to vote!) We are celebrating our 60th birthday!
7:20 – 8:40-ish presentation (9:00 hard stop for all to be out)
• What is Blockchain?
• Blockchain Mechanics – Making Sense of blockchain data structures.
• Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies History to today and future.
• Blockchain Investigations: how blockchain technology works under the hood?
• Bitcoin with Ruby, PyCoin: Python open source libraries for Blockchain, Segregated witness, CLTV, CSV, and advanced OPCODES, Mechanics of Lightning Network channels.
• Ethereum: How to create smart contract apps using Ethereum.
• CryptoCurrency Security Standard CSSS
Bhairav Mehta is Senior Data Scientist with extensive professional experience and academic background. Bhairav works for Apple Inc. as Sr. Data Scientist.
Bhairav Mehta is experienced engineer, business professional and seasoned Statistician / programmer with 19 years of combined progressive experience working on data science in electronics consumer products industry (7 years at Apple Inc.), yield engineering in semiconductor manufacturing (6 years at Qualcomm and MIT Startup) and quality engineering in automotive industry (OEM, Tier2 Suppliers, Ford Motor Company) (3 years). Bhairav founded a start up DataInquest Inc. in 2014 that is specialized in training/consulting in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain and Data Science.
Bhairav Mehta has MBA from Johnson School of Management at Cornell University, Masters in Computer science from Georgia Tech (Expected 2018), Masters in Statistics from Cornell University, Masters in Industrial Systems Engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology and BS Production Engineering from Mumbai University.