Data Mining Camp, October 15th, 2011: Schedule
SCHEDULE for Saturday, October 15th, 2011: tentative
- 8:30 Pick up name tag, coffee, network
- 9:15 - 11:30 Training Class - Mike Bowles, Ph.D. and Tricia Hoffman, Ph.D.; Introduction to Mining Big Data with Map Reduce. (Cost of the class is $35.00).
We use Paypal to accept payment for the morning class. A credit card or Paypal account may be used.
FREE Data Mining Camp (11:15 – 7:30pm) (beverages & snacks included with RSVP)
- 11:15-Noon Arrive, register, network, brainstorm session topics
- Box lunches provided by eBay
- Noon Unconference welcome, 5 min / donor, hiring announcements
- 12:50 Keynote: Machine Learning on Big Data for Personalized Internet Advertising: Michael Recce, VP Modeling and Optimization at Quantcast
- 1:40 Audience members suggest a topic, get show of hands for interest, select session room size by interest level, select time slot for session. We recommend sessions have a leader, blogger / note taker, and a timer so we can leave everybody 10 minutes to get to the next session. See the last SESSION MATRIX for example.
- 2:30 SESSION break out time slot 1
- 3:30 SESSION break out time slot 2
- 4:30 SESSION break out time slot 3
- 5:30 SESSION break out time slot 4
- 6:30 Share summary of sessions over pizza and salad(Thank you Donors!)
- Door prize drawings
- 7:30 Thank you and wrap up.